2021 Terms and Conditions for W.A. Smith Raffle 2021
Your purchase of one or more raffle ticket(s) signifies your full and unconditional agreement to the following Terms & Conditions. In the event of any dispute, a reasonable interpretation or determination by W.A. Smith Financial Group and MAW OKI regarding the application of these Terms & Conditions is final and binding in all matters related to the Raffle.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. The chances of winning are based on the number of tickets sold.
- To be eligible to purchase a ticket, you must be a United States legal resident and at least 18 years old or the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older as of the date of entry. You will be eligible to win Prize #2 through Prize #18. TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN PRIZE #1 – FAMILY WEEKEND GETAWAY, YOU MUST BE 28 YEARS OF AGE AND POSSESS A VALID I.D. The following persons are not eligible to purchase tickets: Employees of W.A. Smith Financial Group; Employees of Make-A-Wish, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana.
- A ticket purchased by an ineligible person is void and cannot be a winning ticket. No refunds will be made to ineligible purchasers.
- The maximum number of prizes an eligible person is allowed to win is two (2). If a person’s name is drawn after already winning 2 prizes, another ticket will be drawn for an eligible winner.
- Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. W.A. Smith Financial Group and MAW OKI reserve the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
- Tickets may be purchased via www.wasmithfinancial.com. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win.
- Tickets may be purchased for $100 (10 tickets), $200 (20 tickets) or $300 (30 tickets).
- A ticket represents a chance to win the opportunity to accept an offer of the stated prize. All sales of tickets are final, and no refunds will be paid.
- The deadline for purchasing tickets is November 9, 2021.
- Tickets, prizes, receipts, and any winner's rights are not transferable.
- Sponsor reserves the right to reject any ticket purchase that is submitted with payment that does not constitute "good funds."
- The IRS has ruled that a payment for a raffle ticket is not tax-deductible.
- All ticket purchases must be received and/or purchased by the indicated deadline. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail, email or any other failure to receive receipts prior to the drawing deadlines. All defective or physically altered tickets or entry forms may be disqualified.
The winning ticket for each prize will be selected by a random drawing on the date of the virtual raffle drawing, November 10, 2021. W.A. Smith Financial Group will select and announce the name of prize winners in a random drawing from all eligible raffle tickets. All tickets have an equal chance to win. Ticket purchasers need not be present to win.
- The odds of winning a prize depends on the number of valid raffle tickets sold. The chances of winning are based on the number of tickets sold.
- Each prize will be awarded to only one (1) winner. If the ticket has more than one name on it, the prize will be awarded to the eligible individual whose name appears first on the ticket. That individual is solely responsible for allocating the value of the prize among the purchasers.
- W.A. Smith Financial Group will contact each winner at the phone number, address, or email provided by the purchaser. If a winner cannot be contacted within 30 days, the prize is forfeited and no substitute or alternative prize will be provided. A forfeited prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. An alternate winner shall be selected one day after the 30 days expires. The alternate winner then shall have the same 30 day time period to claim the prize.
- Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for W.A. Smith Financial and MAW, OKI to use the winner's name and relevant quotes to promote the Raffle and agreement by the winner that the prize will not be used for fundraising for another charity.
- The winner of each prize shall have no rights in or to the prize itself until the winner has been verified as eligible by Sponsor and until delivery of the prize to the winner has been completed. Until that time, as between W.A. Smith Financial Group and the winner, each prize remains the sole property of W.A. Smith Financial Group.
- Each winner hereby releases and holds W.A. Smith Financial Group and MAW, OKI harmless with respect to any claim based on anyone’s participation in the Raffle. A raffle entrant's sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of duty or conduct related to the Raffle shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her raffle tickets. In no event shall W.A. Smith Financial Group and MAW, OKI be liable to any person for any loss or injuries to earnings, profits or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or, consequential, or other damages of any person or entity whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of the Giveaway, use or ownership of the prizes.
- General Conditions
- If, for any reason, the Raffle is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of W.A. Smith Financial and MAW, OKI which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Raffle, W.A. Smith Financial Group and MAW, OKI may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Raffle (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Raffle or suspend the Raffle to address the impairment and then resume the Raffle in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of impairment, and all eligible entries received.