LPCS brings communities together to empower individuals facing homelessness and poverty to secure stable housing and make sustainable life changes.
We work on the basis of accountability. LPCS staff, Guests, volunteers, stakeholders and donors are a micro-community with common interests and goals that support each other and hold each other responsible. Together, we work to ensure our Guests receive the support, respect, and understanding they need to empower their lives.
If you don't want to make a whole pitcher of our LPCS VML cocktail, you can also make a single serving!
For a single serving of our LPCS VML Cocktail:
1. Prepare the lemonade (or use store-bought lemonade) - Mix 1 cup of water with the juice of 1 lemon. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and stir until it dissolves.
2. Add 1-2 shots of vodka.
3. Add 3 tablespoons of blueberry puree (or add a fruit puree of your choice) and stir.
4. Chill and serve over ice while watching Virtual Metamorphosis Live!
Don't forget to take a LPCS VML selfie! #LPCS35
Lincoln Park Community Services . 1521 N Sedgwick St Chicago IL 606010 . (773) 549-6111
For 15 years, Metamorphosis (aka Meta) has served as LPCS's signature spring fundraising event. To adapt to current circumstances, Meta has gone through a metamorphosis of its own and will be presented as a live, virtual event on Friday, April 24th at 7pm right here on our OneCause site and on YouTube Live!
As an organization, and as a community, we have so much to celebrate this year:
Live Event: Friday, April 24th at 7pm CST
How to Attend & Participate in Virtual Metamorphosis Live:
1. Visit THIS PAGE, donate.onecause.com/
2. Grab your signature LPCS VML cocktail (recipe below), your glass of wine, your cup of coffee or whatever you'd like to enjoy while enjoying the show.
3. Watch the official video portion of the program to begin at 7:05pm CST - hear from George Kuhlman (Event Chair), Lydia Murray (Interim Executive Director), watch our COVID-19 Video Diary and learn more about LPCS and our history.
4. Cheers to 35 years during our live toast to LPCS around 7:26pm CST! Take a picture, post it on social media and tag #LPCS35
5. Help us reach our goal of $160,000 and DONATE directly on the OneCause site during the live paddle raise immediately following the toast! And feel free to make donations at any time during the program on the OneCause site.
6. Celebrate our Compassion in Action Award recipients Gretchen Van Natta and Jeff Doane immediately following the paddle raise.
7. Join us in celebrating a successful event around 7:50pm as our program concludes.